Welcome to Bradley Medical Centre in Bilston, West Midlands
The aim of our medical practice is to provide high quality health care in a friendly environment, available equally to all, regardless of ethnic origin, religion, personal circumstances or nature of medical problems.
Bradley Medical Centre is now registered by the Care Quality Commission under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 as from 01-04-2013.
Here at Bradley Medical Centre, we see ourselves as partners with you in your health care and wish to be accessible and approachable on all matters relating to your health. To find out how to register with our health care centre
, please click here
To discover more regarding the clinics available
here at our doctor's surgery and how to make an appointment with one of our friendly staff
, please feel free to browse our website. Alternatively, for further information, appointment bookings and advice, please call today.
Why choose Bradley Medical Centre?
- Friendly and welcoming staff
- Disabled wheelchair access
- Hearing loops installed
- Small, local, friendly doctor's surgery
- Wheelchair available for use of patients
- Waiting room with a children's area
- Free parking facilities with dedicated spaces for the disabled
- We have a patient's Voice Group who meet once a month to raise funds for local charities and help improve services for patients. If you are interested in joining, please ask at reception
The standards we aim to achieve:
- We aim to provide an appointment with the doctor within two working days for routine matters and on the same day for urgent cases
- We aim to give an appointment with the practice nurse within one week
- We aim to provide repeat prescriptions within two working days
- When you telephone the surgery, your call will be answered as soon as possible. If you need to speak to a Doctor or Nurse urgently and they are unavailable, they will endeavour to call you back as soon as possible
Please help a friendly and professional GP surgery to do its best for you by:
Treating all our staff members with the same respect that you would expect to receive
Remembering that one appointment is for one person only. Please let reception staff know if more than one family member requires an appointment
Making a request for a home visit before 10:30am if possible, this will help the doctor to plan his calls in order of medical priority
Appointments for the doctor and nurse can be made throughout the day at reception or by telephone between 8:15am to 6:15pm
Ordering Repeat Prescriptions:
When ordering repeat prescriptions by post, please send us your tear-off slip. You can enclose a stamped addressed envelope if you wish us to post it back to you, otherwise you may collect it.
If ordering by fax, please fax us your tear-off slip to 01902 402 247
If you're ordering your repeat prescription in person, please bring in your tear-off slip and put it in the box in the porch area
If ordering online, please ask at reception for your personalised pin number, so that you can order your prescriptions from your home computer.
Please allow us 48 hours to process your repeat prescriptions.